Financial Partners Credit Union is a not-for-profit organization and our purpose is to help our members achieve their financial goals. Established in 1937 and with over $1.2 billion in assets, Financial Partners continues to deliver legendary service to over 75,000+ members. We believe in Building Lifetime Financial Partnerships with our members and we are consistently finding innovative ways to make each experience easy and enjoyable.
This position is responsible for analyzing and conducting risk assessments on credit applications for commercial and business purpose loans. The credit underwriting function will focus on analyzing commercial lending requests and detailing the analysis in a well-documented credit memorandum. This will be accomplished while adhering to the credit unions established credit risk tolerance, written credit policy and underwriting guidelines.
• Conduct Cash flow analysis for all loans to include when appropriate a property DSCR, a Business DSCR, a Global DSCR, Net Worth calculations and all ratios pertinent to a sound lending decision.
• Validate all appraisals and LTV’s.
• Prepare written summary of loan terms and conditions along with a written narrative explaining business background, outlining risk factors and justifying assigned risk rating, ensuring conformity with credit union policy and procedures and with applicable credit union regulations.
• Identify risks and assist in structuring the loan to mitigate risks.
• Complete a risk assessment template for all loans and validate the appropriate risk rating.
• Actively participate with VP of Business Lending in the preparation of loan proposals for committee presentation, including review of financial statements, projections, and site visits.
• Review and recommend continued improvements to the underwriting and application process.
• Understand physical characteristics, and complexities for all Commercial Real Estate properties to include Multifamily.
• Review business credit card complex credit request and have approval authority.
• Actively monitor and report all Classified and Critisied loans on a monthly basis.
• Monitor and report on a quarterly basis all ECCU Participation loans.
• Aid in the training and development of staff.
• Participates in management projects as needed and assist in achieving the credit unions goals and objectives.
• Participates periodically internal and external training courses as required by the credit union.
• Comply with all credit union policies, procedures, state and federal credit union laws and regulations including Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Control (OCC) and USA Patriot Act.
• We share a collaborative obligation to ensure that we conduct ourselves in the utmost ethical manner and that we hold each other accountable to the values and standards of the organization. Every Partner has the responsibility to ask questions, seek guidance, and report concerns and/or violations of company policy or ethical standards. Financial Partners has several processes in place to communicate with leadership and expects that partners will have a commitment to integrity and uncompromising values.
7-10 years of continuous work experience in a variety of commercial lending underwriting with emphasis in Commercial Real Estate. Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, real estate, or related field preferred. Excellent analytical, conceptual, writing, and communication skills. Ability to interface effectively with other professionals including loan officers, brokers, processors, appraisers, accountants and auditors. Ability to work with limited supervision. Good organizational skills. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Here are some benefits of working with us:
• Competitive Compensation Program
• Comprehensive and affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
• Robust 401K Plan
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Development Programs
• Career Advancement Opportunities
• Employee events
• Community support activities
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-950-7328.
Equal Opportunity Employer