Financial Partners Credit Union is a not-for-profit organization and our purpose is to help our members achieve their financial goals. Established in 1937 and with over $1.2 billion in assets, Financial Partners continues to deliver legendary service to over 75,000+ members. We believe in Building Lifetime Financial Partnerships with our members and we are consistently finding innovative ways to make each experience easy and enjoyable.
To provide optimum service to internal and external members. Answer all card services inquiries such as: card activity, authorizations and denials, dispute inquiries, mobile payments, plastic issuance and fee inquires. Able to set up new accounts (debit and credit cards) and complete maintenance, review and process daily reports. Able to process account adjustments, charge back authorizations, fraud accounts, disputes. Able to balance journal vouchers and daily reconciliations.
Service and Sales
• Respond to both internal and external members inquires in a timely manner.
• Knows and uses well the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of card servicing
• Knows credit union products and services
• Provide back up several of the card servicing functions
• Provide training to lower level co-workers
• Usually works with minimum supervision
• Work is varied and somewhat difficult in character, but usually involves limited responsibility
• Participates and is responsible
• Comprehends business needs and results
• Able to identify operational improvements and efficiencies
• Adherence to FPCU standards
• Ability to positively ask for help while developing in the job
• Beginning to demonstrate broad knowledge
• Able to complete more difficult assignments
Other Significant Responsibilities
• Demonstrates a commitment to learning.
• Positive role model
• We share a collaborative obligation to ensure that we conduct ourselves in the utmost ethical manner and that we hold each other accountable to the values and standards of the organization. Every Partner has the responsibility to ask questions, seek guidance, and report concerns and/or violations of company policy or ethical standards. Financial Partners has several processes in place to communicate with leadership and expects that partners will have a commitment to integrity and uncompromising values.
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of Federal Regulations E, CC, and Z.
Here are some benefits of working with us:
• Competitive Compensation Program
• Comprehensive and affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
• Robust 401K Plan
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Development Programs
• Career Advancement Opportunities
• Employee events
• Community support activities
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-950-7328.
Equal Opportunity Employer