Financial Partners Credit Union is a not-for-profit organization and our purpose is to help our members achieve their financial goals. Established in 1937 and with over $1.2 billion in assets, Financial Partners continues to deliver legendary service to over 75,000+ members. We believe in Building Lifetime Financial Partnerships with our members and we are consistently finding innovative ways to make each experience easy and enjoyable.
Complete order outs on refinances, purchases and HELOC loans. Follow up with 3rd party vendors, Mortgage Loan Consultants, borrowers and Real Estate Operations staff.
• Complete Loan Set Up process in compliance with position roles and responsibilities
• Ensure that Turn Time and Productivity requirements are consistently maintained and managed
• Confirm that all items referenced on the Mortgage Loan Consultant Checklist have been submitted and advise management and MLC when deficiencies are identified.
• To facilitate the FPCU’s Manufacturing Process, open Title and Escrow, order Appraisals complying with FPCU Standards, FPCU’s third party Risk Reports (Data Verify) and 4506t’s
• When provided at submission to processing, review Preliminary Title Reports and Escrow Instructions confirming compliance with FPCU Standards and loan level requirements.
• Assist Loan Processors as instructed by Department Management.
• Control expenses by ordering the correct items per loan product, avoid duplicate requests.
• Work efficiently and seek ways to improve daily functions.
• Review correspondence and memos from Management to ensure any changes to guidelines and procedures are adhered to.
• Return all internal / external phone calls, emails promptly with a pleasant demeanor.
• We share a collaborative obligation to ensure that we conduct ourselves in the utmost ethical manner and that we hold each other accountable to the values and standards of the organization. Every Partner has the responsibility to ask questions, seek guidance, and report concerns and/or violations of company policy or ethical standards. Financial Partners has several processes in place to communicate with leadership and expects that partners will have a commitment to integrity and uncompromising values.
• Consistency in order to ensure service levels are achieved.
• Detail-oriented, sharp, highly productive with strong quality of work.
• College education preferred or its equivalent work experience, but not required.
• Preferably mortgage experience including knowledge of loan documents, but not required.
• MS Office, Word and Excel skills.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to multi-task work in a fast pace environment.
• Be a quick learner and have a willingness to acquire new skills
• Exhibit a pleasant demeanor with clients and internal personnel via phone and email
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Be very detail oriented and organized
Here are some benefits of working with us:
• Competitive Compensation Program
• Comprehensive and affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
• Robust 401K Plan
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Development Programs
• Career Advancement Opportunities
• Employee events
• Community support activities
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-950-7328.